[daip] AIPS timeout

Anita M. S. Richards a.m.s.richards at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Oct 29 13:37:02 EDT 2008

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, Eric Greisen wrote:

> Another suggestion has been put forward:
>
> For sites involving multiple machines with a central server, the assignment
> of the $DA00 areas for each of the multiple machines is significant.  We
> recommend that the directory
>
>        $AIPS_ROOT/DA00/<hostname>
>
> be a link to a directory actually on <hostname>.  Thus

Sorry Eric, Ant says that we already do that!

The tasks are not failing altogether, just taking a long time to start, by
which time the runfile or script has died.  Is there any way to increase
the time interval before it times out?

(The suggestions for a permanent fix are even more useful if we can find
one which we have not already tried, of course!)

Thanks very much

Anita