[daip] first open of AIPS problems...

Stacy Palen spalen at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 27 12:30:24 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I'm trying to start up AIPS for the first time at my workstation
(gemtwist).  I get the following error messages, which seem to be
actually meaningful, because I can't read in any data.  Can you help me
sort this out?

Thanks!

-Stacy

Starting up 31DEC08 AIPS with normal priority
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
 ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
 ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC08) at priority =   0
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:SPD000000;
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
 ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
 ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server  32
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server  32
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XASERVERS: TVSERV is already running on host gemtwist, user spalen
XASERVERS: XAS is already running on host gemtwist, display :0, user spalen
XASERVERS: TEKSRV is already running on host gemtwist, display :0, user
spalen
XASERVERS: MSGSRV is already running on host gemtwist, display :0, user
spalen
2665
AIPS 1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:ACD000000;
AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
AIPS 1: ACCOUNT: OPEN ERROR      6
AIPS 1:                          31DEC08 AIPS:
AIPS 1:      Copyright (C) 1995-2008 Associated Universities, Inc.
AIPS 1:            AIPS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
AIPS 1:                 for details, type HELP GNUGPL
AIPS 1: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
AIPS 1: under certain conditions; type EXPLAIN GNUGPL for details.
AIPS 1: Previous session command-line history recovered.
AIPS 1: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
AIPS 1: Recovered POPS environment from last exit