[daip] Fwd: kame/MACINT 20081010.192500 update errors for 31DEC08

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 10 16:37:12 EDT 2008

Deidre Hunter wrote:
> Eric,
>
> My MNJs have stopped working. I have done the trick of
> cd $AIPS_ROOT
> mv TEXT TEXT.SAVE
> mkdir TEXT
> and that does not work. What would be a good thing to try next?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Deidre
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> *From: *dah at kame.lowell.edu <mailto:dah at kame.lowell.edu> (Deidre Hunter)
>> *Date: *October 10, 2008 12:25:12 PM MST
>> *To: *dah at lowell.edu <mailto:dah at lowell.edu>
>> *Subject: **kame/MACINT 20081010.192500 update errors for 31DEC08*
>>
>> UPDCVS - cvs get of TEXT had abnormal completion
>> AIPSUPD - UPDCVS failed, Status=1

Our cvs guy suggests:

"If it were me, I'd set the CVSROOT environment variable and try
to login.

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.aoc.nrao.edu:/home/aipssrc/cvs
cvs login

The password is nothing, just hit return.

If that works I might try to grab a copy of TEXT somewhere, just to
see if I can.

cd /tmp; cvs get TEXT

The commands above presume bash, tcsh isn't export, it is

setenv CVSROOT :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.aoc.nrao.edu:/home/aipssrc/cvs

I think.

If those things work, cvs works for her, if not, likely she's got
a firewall problem. "

May I suggest rather than the /tmp

cd $AIPS_ROOT
cvs -z 3 -d $CVSROOT get TEXT

which may show you more messages to help debug.

Eric