[daip] AIPS 31dec08 question UVPLT

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 3 11:35:07 EDT 2008

Stockdale, Christopher wrote:
> Eric,
>
> I have been working recently and noticed something odd.  The 31dec08 version of aips UVPLT is not working right.  I've run the verb with straight inputs and tried rebooting and a variety of other easy fixes.  I am seeing no messages that would indicate there is a problem.
>
> When I run it with dotv set to true it still creates a plot file.  Also, no matter what I do, I cannot alter the the nature of the plot with the bparm values.  The TV is working fine for imagr, wiper, and every other TV task I can think of.

UVPLT was changed in late August.  Perhaps your copy of UVPLT has become
corrupt somehow.  Do you use a binary installation (which we recommend)
or do you compile the code locally?  I would guess that the help file
and the binary do not match.

The best thing to do would be to move the current files away (rather
than delete them) and then run a MNJ.

cd $AIPS_ROOT
source LOGIN.CSH         (or . LOGIN.SH)
$CDTST
cd
mv $YPGNOT/UVPLT.FOR .
mv $HLPFIL/UVPLT.HLP .