[daip] ERROR: buffer size too small when applying BP table

Anne-Marie Brick ambrick at utas.edu.au
Tue Nov 18 22:02:18 EST 2008

Hi,
I am trying to reduce some spectral line LBA data in AIPS, and I have
run into a problem when trying to apply the BP table to the data. I can
look at the data using POSSM, and I can look at the BP solution in
POSSM, but when I try to look at the data with the BP solution applied I
get the following error.

ITBSRT: BUFFER SIZE  199680 TOO SMALL FOR LREC= 32797
BPASET: ERROR    1 SORTING BP TABLE

This also occurred when I tried to SPLIT a small section of the data out.

I have tried selecting a small time range of data (2mins) and a small
number of channels (the dataset is 2048 channels across 2 MHz), and I
keep getting the same error.

I tried to do a google search to see if I could find any information on
the error, but was unable to find anything.

Any help in resolving the issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Anne-Marie Brick