[daip] SD data into aips

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 3 17:10:56 EST 2008

Felix J Lockman wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I am involved in a large HI survey of the southern sky, and would
> like to use aips for gridding if that is possible.  We could
> write the data in whatever format is most useful.  The resulting
> cube would be of order 2048x2048x512ch.  We could go through the
> program which Glen Langston has written for GBT data, but that may
> not be up to the task of such a large data set.  Do you know of
> other inputs for SD data?

I don't know anything about Glen's program.  The issue as always is the
format the data are in now and converting that into something AIPS can
handle.  If Glen's program can handle pieces of the data, you could do a
piece at a time, load them into AIPS and then run DBCON to make one
large "uv" data set for the imaging program.

I am away until the 16th, but could try to help after that (although I
will continue to be busy until mid December or more).

Eric