[daip] CALREF problems with CALIB

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon May 19 13:59:30 EDT 2008

Jacqueline Hodge wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm attempting to self-calibrate a large amount of data, and I was
> wondering how serious messages like this are:
>
> CALIB     CALREF: CANNOT RELATE ANTENNA  2 TO  6 IN SUBARRAY  4
> CALIB     CALREF: CANNOT RELATE ANTENNA  2 TO  6 IN SUBARRAY  5
> CALIB     CALREF: CANNOT RELATE ANTENNA  2 TO  6 IN SUBARRAY  6
> CALIB     Some solutions were not adjusted to the common
> CALIB     reference antenna. This may be because one or more
> CALIB     antennas were not used. Check your data before
> CALIB     proceeding.
>
> Using other reference antennas didn't help, so I was wondering if/when I
> could ignore it.
> Thanks,
> Jackie

I would look hard at what baselines occur in your data for subarray 4,
5, and 6.  What thios means is that the zero of phase (one antenna has
to be 0.0 since phase is always phase1-phase2) for antenna 2 cannot be
set to match those of the other antennas.  It probably means that
antenna 2 only occurs a little bit - but it should probably be deleted.
The message means that there are times for which antenna 2 was used in
the solution as the reference but the desired reference antenna did not
occur.  I suppose this could happen with editing to cause antenna 2 to
occur at odd times wrt to the other antennas.  In any case, it is a real
problem and needs to be addressed.