[daip] 64bit binary install

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 31 12:38:40 EDT 2008

Shoshana Rosenthal wrote:
>  If we did a text install and compile with the 64BIT, will the present MNJ
> work?

So long as the $SYSLOCAL on that machine does not have an RSYNC.ME file,
then the MNJ will be the old-fashioned one in which you compile locally.
  Since your install worked, the local compiles should continue to work.

>  I have another problem. When we try to COMLNK a local task
>  ORFIT on the same 64bit machine which has a 32bit binary
>  install we get the following error.
>
> -------------------
> cd /u1/AIPS/31DEC08/AIPS/PGM/NOTST
> [aips at RGLINUX8 NOTST]$ COMLNK ./ORFIT.FOR

> LINK      :            /AIPS/31DEC08/LINUX/LIBR/DAPLLINUX/SUBLIB \
> LINK      :            -lsvml -Vaxlib -L/usr/local/lib -Xlinker -rpath
> -Xlinker /AIPS/31DEC08/LINUX/LIBR/INTELCMP -O3 -static-libcxa -save -align
> all -axNP \
> LINK      :            -o /AIPS/31DEC08/LINUX/PREP/ORFIT.EXE
> IPO link: can not find "/usr/lib/crt1.o"
> ifort: error: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)
> LINK      : Status from /opt/intel/fc/9.0/bin/ifort is 1

> Can you help?
> Our solution has been to COMLNK on a 32bit computer.

That would be my solution too - the two machines probably have different
libraries and the library references in the SUBLIBs we send are for
32-bit machines.