[daip] UVFIX (B1950 to J2000 coordinates)

Teddy Cheung ccheung at milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Mar 28 15:55:19 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm working on some archival VLA data (from 1996) obtained with B1950
coordinates and I thought I used UVFIX correctly (I ran it on the
Multi-source file right after FILLM). However, I'm googling and came
across this passage stating UVFIX does not handle multi-source files:

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/computing/at_bugs.html#Bug_16

Is this true? I looked at the calibrator positions in the LISTR output
of the UVFIXed file and found no large discrepancies when comparing to
positions in the VLA calibrator manual (most cal man positions were
obtained in 2001 and I assumed any small differences I see in the 1996
data were simply due to less well-known positions at the earlier
time).

If I did screw up, is there a way to un-UVFIX and then correctly UVFIX
my files? I've already self-caled the SPLIT files.

thanks,
Teddy