[daip] tvcps

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Mar 27 11:49:31 EDT 2008

Farhad Zadeh wrote:
> Hi Eric,
> I have two questions:
> 1) I was wondering if there is a way to do an l-v plot from  a cube in
> aips?

Use TRANS to transpose the cube from lbv to lvb and then TVLOD or any
other plane-at-a-time function will work (e.g. KNTR)

> 2) Old tvslice used to work beautifully. I wonder what happened
> to it. Using a blc and trc for inputs in slice does not seem to be
> as nice as the line that you used to see on the screen. Am I missing
> something here?

It is called SETSLICE now while TVSLICE plots a slice on the TV.  This
name change confuses me too but was necessary when I added "TV"
functions to parallel the old "TK" slice functions.