[daip] PEELR suggestion

Hanno Spreeuw hspreeuw at science.uva.nl
Fri Mar 21 08:53:33 EDT 2008

Hello,

We are running PEELR on a P-band VLA-A dataset of the Galactic Center.
We ran default UVPLT on the output (u, v) dataset of PEELR.
The visibility amplitudes reach zetaJansky levels!
My guess is that the model we are feeding PEELR is not good enough, with
   too few unresolved sources to calibrate the long baselines.
CALIB then finds gain amplitudes for the outer antennas very close to
zero. And CLINV will invert that, making very large gain amplitudes.
It would be nice if we could run CALIB in PEELR phase only.
That is something that might work in this case.

Cheers,
Hanno.