[daip] installation problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 19 10:40:38 EDT 2008

When I installed AIPS 31DEC07 to my computer running with Mac OSX (10.4,
PPC G5 dual CPU), there repeatedly appeared error messages like below
(PP.EXE: command not found) and the compilation
stopped at the beginning of instep 2.
Do you have any idea how to solve this.
I attached the log file during compiling and an environment
file.

The compiler and readline installed in my machine are the ones suggested
in the AIPS home page.

Thank you for your assistance.

Cheers,
Hagi
NAOJ-Mitaka

First question: why are you compiling locally rather than installing the
binary version?  If you need to develop local code for aips then
compiling locally is required.  Otherwise, the binary is probably better
unless you have the IBM xlf compiler we use.

The problem with INSTEP2 is that either:
a) your path does not include your $SYSLOCAL, or
b) PP.FOR failed to compile at an earlier stage of install.pl.

If the latter, you will need to investigate why that failed before the
later steps of install.pl will work.