[daip] TV Problems

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 11 17:08:53 EDT 2008

Lynn D. Matthews wrote:
> I am running aips remotely on a Linux machine and trying to display on my
> Solaris workstation. I've done this without a problem for years, but with
> the recent TV changes have become unable to display graphics plots (e.g.,
> from kntr, ispec, etc.). I get the following errors:
>
> RGLINU> ISPEC1: Task ISPEC  (release of 31DEC08) begins
> RGLINU> ISPEC1: ONLY 512 PARAMETERS RETURNED FROM SCREEN SERVER!
> RGLINU> ISPEC1: YTVOPN: YDTVC RETURNS ERROR     11
> RGLINU> ISPEC1: TV OPEN ERROR     11
> RGLINU> ISPEC1: GINIT: ERROR   11 OPENING THE TV
> RGLINU> ISPEC1: PLTSPC: GINIT ERROR  11
> RGLINU> ISPEC1: Appears to have ended successfully
> RGLINU> ISPEC1: rglinux7 31DEC08 TST: Cpu=      0.0  Real=      0  IO=
> 4
>
> Lynn Matthews

Has the Solaris box updated to the most recent 31DEC08?  The TV changes
should work for 31DEC08 tasks/verbs only with a fully current 31DEC08
XAS.  The return of 512 bytes from the TVOPEN is a symptom of a
pre-change TV.  Of course, you must also have cleared away all old TVs
for any of this to work.