[daip] FITLD feature request

Walter Brisken wbrisken at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 11 15:27:09 EDT 2008

This is a trivial feature request, I think.  I would like FITLD to turn on
all VLBA corrections for all data correlated with the DiFX software
correlator.  Rather than overwrite the TELESCOP name (currently VLBA,
which is the field used to enable these corrections), I've introduced a
new keyword called DIFX which has as a value the version number of the
correlator.

It might be that programs other than FITLD need to pay attention to this,
for example BPASS certainly does too.  Maybe the question I should have
started with is "What's the best way to enforce VLBA-like behavior in AIPS
for any DIFX correlated data".  I'll end with that question instead.

-Walter