[daip] tvchan

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 10 17:30:59 EDT 2008

Crystal Brogan wrote:
> Something seems to be wrong with selecting other TV channels in AIPS in CV
> today. For example, a typical set of commands to do a tvblink:
>
> getn 30
> tvch 1
> tvlod
>
> getn 31
> tvch 2
> tvlod
>
> gives the following error message when you try to do the second tvlod
>
> AIPS 2: TV DEVICE 74 CURRENTLY BEING USED BY SOMEONE ELSE
> AIPS 2: TV OPEN ERROR      4
>
> the TV then gives this error message for any other TV related commant
> such as tvinit etc. The only way I can use the TV again is to x out of it
> and open a new one.
>
> In case its important I opened aips with
> aips tv=local:4
>
> Best,
> Crystal

I can't get either the Intel or the gnu versions to do something like
this to me.  It appears that the close function is not causing the TVSRV
lock daemon to admit that the TV is available.  Have you done aborts of
XAS (kill with the X in the window corner)?  This kills XAS but leaves
TVSRV running.  It has to be killed too or the TV stays "busy."  Try the
verb KLEENEX to exit aips shutting things down cleanly.