[daip] SCMAP oddnessh

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 30 18:36:40 EDT 2008

Michael Bietenholz wrote:
> Our grad student, Sasha Novikov was having a wierd problem with SCMAP
> (31DEC08; MNJ today) and I couldn't figure out what was wrong, below
> are the messages.  The SCMAP inputs were generic (sorry, don't have
> exact copy; solmo P, solty L1, solint 1min; APARM 0; NMAP 5; nothing
> set for OUTNA, OUT2NA, OUTCL etc.  IMAGR with exactly the same inputs
> runs fine.
>
> SCMAP runs, puts the first image up on the TV, allows you to
> manipulate clean boxes, but on the first "continue cleaning" it bombs
> with the CATOPN messages below.  The "ERROR 1 COPYING CATBLK DISK, CNO
> 0 1" message seems odd because it shouldn't be DISK=0 (no such thing),
> and it shouldn't be CNO=1 as the input, and all the output files ought
> to have CNO > 1.

SCMAP has its UV data work file called SC and so it set the disk to 0
to indicate that (CNO is a pointer into a common then) but a revised
subroutine for the imaging overhaul did not know about this convention.
I have fixed it be know about such things and SCMAP ran quite happily to
conclusion for me.  Tomorrow's MNJ should fix it.