[daip] Problems with FITLD

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 25 15:09:51 EDT 2008

Francesca D'Arcangelo wrote:
> The files I've been running that had the FITLD concatenation issue
> were for project BM256H, February 28th '08.

Unfortunately, BM256 is a very large experiment.  I downloaded the first
set of data (about 6 Gigabytes) and ran FITLD concatenating all.  It
found data out of order so I wrote a quicky test task to report the out
of order points (TIORD).  It turns out that for that set of data, the
fifth file was observed later than the 6th and 7th.  MSORT fixed the
problem quickly and INDXR was happy.

Let me know if you encounter a data set that "will not sort" to INDXR's
satisfaction.

I should warn you that DBCON does not renumber antennas - this can be
very important when concatenating multi-source VLBI data sets.  You need
to run MATCH first for these.  Some documentation erroneously claims
that DBCON does the renumbering.