[daip] run vlbautil

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 25 14:54:12 EDT 2008

Crystal Brogan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As of today, "run VLBAUTIL" will not run in the CV version of AIPS (it
> worked fine last week).
>
> It ends with the following messages:
>
> AIPS 2: PROCEDURE VBA_VARS
> AIPS 2: *---------------------------------------------------------------
>          --------
> AIPS 2: *   Define variables for VLBA procedures.
> AIPS 2: *---------------------------------------------------------------
>          --------
> AIPS 2:     ARRAY     VBA_APRM(10), VBA_ANTS(50), VBA_BASE(50), VBA_BPRM
>          (10)
> AIPS 2: BLEW CORE!
>
> One of the procedures is essential for my data reduction. Please let me
> know as soon as possible if there is a fix.

Have you RUN VLBAUTIL repetitively?  This will eventually eat up all of
the core (aips verb CORE will show what it has).  Try a compress -
although a restore 0 may be needed after such a failure.

Note you need to RUN VLBAUTIL only once for a given user -
HELP PROCS
will show all defined procedures and RUN VLBAUTIL needs to be done only
if the VLBAxxxx procs are not there.