[daip] AIPS problem with task VLANT

Cameron Van Eck clvaneck at ucalgary.ca
Wed Jun 18 17:58:43 EDT 2008

Hello:

I recently began working with AIPS for VLA project AM959 and I have
encountered a problem that I cannot seem to find help for anywhere in the
AIPS documentation or the internet.

I downloaded my data from the NRAO archive and loaded into AIPS using
FILLM, which appeared to work correctly.  I then attempted to run the task
'VLANT' , and I recieved the following message as a result:
localh> VLANT1: Task VLANT  (release of 31DEC08) begins
localh> VLANT1: FQMATC: Setting FQ id number =    1
localh> VLANT1: /tmp/baselines.vlais08 copied from the VLA web site
 localh> VLANT1: ZABORS: signal 11 received
localh> VLANT1: ABORT!

The data file retains a 'WRIT' status, and no new CL table is created.
I'm not sure how serious this problem is, or what exactly it means.  So I
would appreciate any information you could offer on the cause and solution
to this problem.  If there is any important information I have left out of
this email, please let me know.

Thank you very much for your assistance,

Cameron Van Eck
3rd year Astrophysics major
University of Calgary