[daip] Problems with FITLD

Francesca D'Arcangelo fdarcang at bu.edu
Tue Jun 17 12:16:42 EDT 2008

Hello.  I am having issues with FITLD producing corrupted weather
tables when I load in my VLBA data.  I know that this was a problem
before, solved with the patch on 01/18/08.  This worked on my previous
install of 31DEC08.  However, I recently had to wipe my OS and, as a
result, reinstall AIPS.  Ever since, I have been receiving these
weather table errors from APCAL:

APCAL1: Task APCAL  (release of 31DEC08) begins
APCAL1: REAWX: ERROR  6 SOMETHING WRONG WITH WX TABLE
APCAL1: REAWX: WXINI FINDS     0 ROWS, WX TABLE CORRUPT?
APCAL1: TXTWX: ERR  6 OPENING WX TABLE   1
APCAL1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
APCAL1: agn          31DEC08 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

Now, I reinstalled AIPS another time for good measure, and I ran the
MNJ several times over a number of days, with seemingly no errors.
After more WX errors, I attempted to do the FITLD patch by hand from
the Patches section of the AIPS site, however I received an error when
I used the COMLNK line :

AIPS environment not defined; do CDTST?

I'm not sure how to proceed on that.
I have tried to run the program sequence on both the calibrated VLBA
files *and* on the individual raw files from the archive (combined
with DBCON), so that shouldn't be the problem.  I tried reading out
(TBOUT) and in (TBIN) the WX table.  I even went so far as to paste in
a version of FITLD.EXE from a colleague who has had no weather table
problems.  And yet I still get the WX table errors.  Is there anything
else I can do?  Is there a way of editing the table to suit the
"infile" line in APCAL, perhaps?

Thanks in advance,
Francesca D'Arcangelo