[daip] input flags in EDITA and QUACK

Olaf Wucknitz wucknitz at astro.uni-bonn.de
Thu Jun 12 05:29:57 EDT 2008

Hello,

when calling EDITA to flag according to TY/CL/SN entries, not all
input flags (antenna-based) are applied to the displayed data.

In my current VLA data set I first use QUACK to flag the beginning of
scans. In EDITA, the flagged parts still show up, making it difficult to
decide which parts need additional flagging.
The reason is that QUACK produces an FG table with channel number 1-0,
whereas EDITA seems to expect 0-0. A workaround is using TABED to modify the
FG table.

QUACK could be easily modified to set channels to 0-1 by changing the
following source lines:

      CHANS(1) = 1
      CHANS(2) = 0

But I am not sure if this would have other side effects. I have not checked
what the other flagging tasks write for "all channels" either. If I
remember correctly, I had similar problems with UVFLG and EDITA in the
past.
Maybe it is better to modify the input flagging in EDITA instead.

Cheers,
Olaf