[daip] install question NETSP

Glenn Morrison morrison at cfht.hawaii.edu
Sat Jul 26 15:46:38 EDT 2008

Eric,

I install AIPS on Roger Lynds's Mac-PPC and I'm forgetting the file
that I need to update to correct this...

AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA02
AIPS 1: THIS MEANS THE TIMDEST LIMIT IS SET TO VALUE IN SP FILE OR 14.0
AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA03

I have copied the NETSP file below.

What did I miss?

--Thanks

--Glenn

---------------------------
from .dadevs file

# DADEVS.LIST
# This is a DADEVS list file containing a list of AIPS data directories.
# Refer to $AIPS_ROOT/DADEVS.SH for more information.
-  /Users/rlynds/Sci/AIPS/DATA/LOCALHOST_1
-  /Users/rlynds/Sci/AIPS/DATA/LOCALHOST_2
-  /Users/rlynds/Sci/AIPS/DATA/LOCALHOST_3

--------------------------startup

START_AIPS: Enter your choice, or the word QUIT [default is 1]: 3
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the lw2dp
START_AIPS:  - system name lw2dp|lw2dp, AIPS type PS

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
   (Using private file /Users/rlynds/.dadevs for DADEVS.PL)
    Disk 1 (1) is /Users/rlynds/Sci/AIPS/DATA/LOCALHOST_1
    Disk 2 (2) is /Users/rlynds/Sci/AIPS/DATA/LOCALHOST_2
    Disk 3 (3) is /Users/rlynds/Sci/AIPS/DATA/LOCALHOST_3

Tape assignments:
    Tape 1 is REMOTE
    Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called localhost
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on localhost asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LOCALHOST asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC08 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC08) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA02
AIPS 1: THIS MEANS THE TIMDEST LIMIT IS SET TO VALUE IN SP FILE OR 14.0
AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA03
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number

----NETSP file

# NETSP contains network-wide AIPS system parameter definitions.
#
# ZDCHIN will look for this file in $NET0 if it succeeds in translating
# logical NVOL, indicating that the AIPS network data disk allocation
# facility is in use.  The system is implemented via the DADEVS.SH
# and optional DADEVS.PL perl script which defines NVOL, and DA0[1-Z].
#
# ZDCHIN interprets each entry as
#    1) location of the data disk (translated value of DA0[1-F])
#       e.g.  /DATA/ATELES_3
#    2) the TIMDEST limit for the disk, in days
#       e.g.  7.0
#    3) eight AIPS booking system user numbers (-1 in first => scratch)
#       e.g.  1   29    0    0    0    0    0    0
#
# When editing this file, DO NOT USE THE TAB KEY OR INSERT ANY TABS!
# (the tab is usually control-I).  The "white space" between parameters
# MUST be comprised of nothing but spaces.  Also, make sure the last
# line includes a newline, otherwise that data area will not be counted.
# Disk name             TIMDEST   --------------Allowed Users-----------
# These are samples from the NRAO master AIPS site for illustration.
/Users/rlynds/Sci/AIPS/DATA/LOCALHOST_1 365.0    0    0    0    0
0    0    0    0
/Users/rlynds/Sci/AIPS/DATA/LOCALHOST_2 365.0    0    0    0    0
0    0    0    0
/Users/rlynds/Sci/AIPS/DATA/LOCALHOST_3 365.0    0    0    0    0
0    0    0    0