[daip] tv errror 31DEC08

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 25 11:40:11 EDT 2008

Ninan Philip wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> I was getting xterm error when running aips and I found your suggestion
> to copy $SYSUNIX/{XA,UNIX}SERVERS $SYSLOCAL to figure out why. I attach
> the output I get but have no clue how to fix it. I would greatly
> appreciate if you could shed some light to this. I am using 31DEC08.
>
> nsp at slax:/$ $SYSUNIX/{XA,UNIX}SERVERS $SYSLOCAL
> XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on
> XASERVERS: Start XAS on , DISPLAY :0
> XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
> XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
> XAS: Using screen width 1014 height 668,
>      max grey level 8191 in 16 grey-scale memories
> forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
> Image              PC        Routine            Line        Source
> Unknown            B7C0B1A3  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
> TVSERV.EXE         0804A60B  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
> TVSERV.EXE         0804A551  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
> TVSERV.EXE         0804A4ED  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
> Unknown            B7BAF390  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
> TVSERV.EXE         0804A421  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
> XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on , DISPLAY :0
> Warning: Cannot convert string "nil2" to type FontStruct
> XAS: MakeLink translate TVDEV once fails
> MakeLink getenv("TVDEV"): Resource temporarily unavailable
> XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on , DISPLAY :0
> nsp at slax:/$ closedown: unlink: No such file or directory
> Warning: Cannot convert string "nil2" to type FontStruct

Where did you find an instruction to copy these servers to $SYSLOCAL?
i ask because you are not doing it right and I would like to fix the
confusing instructions.  Having copied these files to $SYSLOCAL, edit
the 2 lines in each that contain the string -hold to remove the comment
symbol.  Then start aips normally - these scripts cannot be run on their
own.

ERic Greisen