[daip] NCOUNT in PRTAB

Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 24 19:09:28 EDT 2008

As far as I can tell, PRTAB does not pay attention to input parameter
NCOUNT.  My understanding is that NCOUNT=1 should be equivalent to
BDROP=1; EDROP=1.  But the latter gives just the first line of print for
each row plus a line with lots of "+++" to indicate dropped data.  The
former gives exactly the same thing as with all of these parameters
defaulted.  In fact, I have been unable to see any difference between
the results on a number of tables when I adjust NCOUNT.

Cheers,

Craig

     R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
     cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
     Phone  505 835 7247        P. O. Box O
     Fax    505 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA