[daip] VLANT problem?

Deidre Hunter dah at lowell.edu
Thu Jul 24 15:09:43 EDT 2008

When we try running VLANT, we get

turtle> VLANT1: Task VLANT  (release of 31DEC08) begins
turtle> VLANT1: TFETCH: DATA FILE NOT FOUND IN /tmp AFTER curl
turtle> VLANT1: Trying wget instead
turtle> VLANT1: TFETCH: wget OF DATA FILE FAILED
turtle> VLANT1: ERROR    2 OPENING FILE FOR YEAR 2008
turtle> VLANT1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes

This was originally on a new iMac running the "leopard" operating
system. Since this computer is my first experience with leopard, I
thought it was the operating system. However, I have now tried
running VLANT on this data set on my MacPro, which is running Mac
OSX10.4.11 (pre-leopard), where I have successfully run VLANT several
times recently. Is the problem that the file for updating the antenna
positions doesn't yet exist for March 2008? If so, is there some
estimate of when it might exist?

Thank you for your help.

Deidre Hunter