[daip] What is DA01?

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 24 10:35:07 EDT 2008

Thomas, Kristen L wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Hopefully someone can help me with this question.  I have been through and through my aips installation trying to figure it out.  I have installed AIPS with two hosts.  I am trying to get the program to work on my second host, but I keep getting the error message: 'ZMSGOP:  FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;     NOT FOUND'.
>
> Can you tell me where DA01 and MSD001000.001 can be found?

For one - this "error" is unimportant and does not stop you from running
aips.  DA01 is the logical name for the first data area and the MSD file
for user 1 gets created when you log in as user 1 (password required =
AMANAGER).  The data areas are shown to you as you start up aips and
depend on the computer name and the contents of the dadevs file used
(there are several possible choices).