[daip] VLANT

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 22 13:43:00 EDT 2008

Lynn D. Matthews wrote:
> I understand what you're saying, but something still seems not right.
> I'm re-reducing some data from May 2007.  When I ran VLANT in Oct. 2007,
> it fixed 3 antennas and warned "6 more antennas may still get more
> correction". When I ran it yesterday on the same data (nearly loaded
> with FILLM) it updated only one antenna (a different one).

I have looked at the data files that apply to your run.  For the first
(April 1) data set there are in fact no antennas that need correction.
For the last one, antenna 21 has a correction entered May 16.  After
that many antennas were moved to A array.  More antennas were moved in
November and had corrections.  So in early November, you would have
found a number of antennas not crossed off the future changes possible
list that were crossed off by the end of November 2007.  There are 3
however - 6, 9, 10 - which still have not appeared in the correction
file and so VLANT is still looking for them to be at the stations you used.

It seems that VLANT is working fine - I think the analysts should put in
0.0 when a station is moved and no correction to the assumed position is
needed - there are pitfalls otherwise.