[daip] Missing data in UVTABs

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 11 19:56:28 EDT 2008

Caleb Sunstrum wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I am a summer student trying to do some single-band comparison work with
> the NVSS data. I have discovered that, in some cases, there is information
> missing in one of the two bands. I am attempting to automate my work, but
> without foreknowledge of the locations where information is missing, I'm
> not able to do this.
>
> I haven't been able to find a simple way to have LISTR show the locations
> with missing information, as OPTYPE='SCAN' reports the same information,
> whether I have bif and eif set to show a single band or all bands. If it
> helps, IMAGR returns an error code of 7 when this occurs, so if there was
> a way to capture this error code without having AIPS stop when this
> occurs, I'd be able to do it that way as well.
>
> Can you provide me with any insights on how to go about this?

If I knew what you are doing I might be able to help.

If you run IMAGR in a loop with DOWAIT=1 then it will quit the loop if
IMAGR thinks it has failed.  If, however, you set DOWAIT=-1 but issue a
WAIT IMAGR command after the GO, the AIPS will not know that IMAGR has
failed and will happily continue on.  At some point your comparison will
of course have to know that one of the 2 is not there for this sample.