[daip] more NX table problems

Lynn D. Matthews lmatthew at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 10 14:09:19 EDT 2008

I'm running into more problems that I think are linked with the new NX
tables created by SPLIT.

I have SPLIT out a single channel to do a self-cal sequence,
and then run a P-only CALIB with 10-s SOLINT using a CC model. After
one or many iterations, I see that the phases look good for the first half
of the data, then are noisy for the second half.

Initially I thought that something went wrong during the second half of
the observations, but then I found the exact same behavior for comparable
data taken on different dates. If I delete the NX table, this problem goes
away. In addition, without the NX table I go from getting, e.g., 1439 good
solutions, 9 failed, to 1978 good, 10 failed.

Lynn Matthews