[daip] nchav, chinc in TVFLG

Lynn D. Matthews lmatthew at cfa.harvard.edu
Sat Jul 5 18:56:15 EDT 2008

I am experiencing some problems trying to use the NCHAV and CHINC options
in TVFLG.

For example, if I attempt to load every 10th channel to the TV by setting
BCHAN 1; ECHAN 0; NCHAV 1; CHINC 10, this results in the messages:

wrest > TVFLG1: Task TVFLG  (release of 31DEC08) begins
wrest > TVFLG1: Begin finding a list of times to enter the grid
wrest > TVFLG1: Found    47 time intervals to grid, so
wrest > TVFLG1: begin gridding the data to a temporary TVFLGR file
wrest > TVFLG1: Create OCET SIO FEB.TVFLGR.   1 (MA)  on disk  1  cno  516
wrest > TVFLG1: UVGET: Using flag table version   2 to edit data
wrest > TVFLG1: ZMI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 4472833 THRU = 4571136 BEYOND EOF = 4472
wrest >         832
wrest > TVFLG1: ZMIO: OPER=WRIT LUN=22 BLKNO=        4369 8-BIT-BYTES= 98304
wrest > TVFLG1: ZERROR: IN ZMI2 ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
wrest > TVFLG1: GTBWRT: UNABLE TO WRITE OUTPUT IMAGE FILE - ERROR    3 ROW   17
wrest > TVFLG1: GRIDTB: ERROR    3 FROM GTBWRT
wrest > TVFLG1: Destroyed MA image file: catno=    516 disk= 1
wrest > TVFLG1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
wrest > TVFLG1: wrest 31DEC08 TST: Cpu=      0.1  Real=      1  IO=        64

Also, if I try to create an average of 50 channels, setting BCHAN 10;
ECHAN 59; NCHAV 50 ; CHINC 1 (or CHINC 0), the result is:

wrest > TVFLG1: Create OCET SIO FEB.TVFLGR.   1 (MA)  on disk  1  cno  516
wrest > TVFLG1: UVGET: Using flag table version   2 to edit data
wrest > TVFLG1: NO DATA SELECTED, CHECK ADVERBS
wrest > TVFLG1: Destroyed MA image file: catno=    516 disk= 1
wrest > TVFLG1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
wrest > TVFLG1: wrest 31DEC08 TST: Cpu=      0.2  Real=      0  IO=        74

This one is solved by setting CHINC=NCHAV, although this is different from
IMAGR, which accepts the above and sets CHINC=NCHAV automatically.

Lynn Matthews