[daip] AIPS on laptop

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 31 03:22:11 EST 2008

Hi all,

Tried to fire up AIPS on my latop after a long hiatus,
and it wouldn't start because it complained that
LOCALHOST_1 (apparently my data disk) didn't exist.
I'm not quite sure how that happened, maybe something
that the helpdesk crew did when I was last in Socorro?
I poked around in the various scripts to see how this was
defined, but didn't manage to troubleshoot it successfully,
and I couldn't find LOCALHOST_1 anywhere.

It would be good to get the new aips installed on my
laptop also when I'm in Socorro next week; any chance that
somebody can help me with this?

Sorry to be a relatively helpless astronomer ...

Jim