[daip] aips help - hidden data

Ian McHardy imh at astro.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 8 14:27:11 EST 2008

Hello,

I know I have lots of aips data on the disk on the computer on which I run
aips - ie the first one in my .dadevs file. (I can see my aips number
encoded in aips-hex at the end of the files) but aips won't reveal it at
the moment. Aips sees the disc but alleges that it contains nothing.  I
gather that there is some sort of index file which lists the data? A week
ago all was fine but I left my aips session running when much of our
computing infrastructure went down, so maybe that has affected the index
file?

I've used restore 0 and as far as I can tell, I haven't got any strange
inputs on cata. And specifying the disc and trying getn NN finds nothing
anyway. The .dadevs file is ok too.

Any suggestions as to how I can get aips to see that data again?

I'm running the 31dec06 version under linux.

thanks,
Ian