[daip] midnight job question

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 3 15:14:58 EST 2008

Patrick Palmer writes:
 > Eric,
 >
 > I can't get the midnight job to work.  when I run do_daily_oskar by
 > hand, it starts out OK, but then fails because of a permission denied.
 > I looked at the line in UPDCVS, but got no hints from it.  The output is
 > below.
 >
 > Pat
 >
 > aips at oskar$ do_daily.oskar
 > AIPSUPD - cd /AIPS/31DEC08/LINUX/UPDATE
 > AIPSUPD - RunTime is 20080103.175551
 > AIPSUPD - LogFile is /AIPS/31DEC08/LINUX/UPDATE/UPD20080103.175551.LOG
 > AIPSUPD - ErrorFile is /AIPS/31DEC08/LINUX/UPDATE/UPD20080103.175551.ERR
 > AIPSUPD - Using CVS for copying files.
 > AIPSUPD - calling UPDCVS
 > ./UPDCVS: 193: /usr/bin: Permission denied    <<<
 > UPDCVS - cvs update of 31DEC08 had abnormal completion
 > AIPSUPD - UPDCVS failed, Status=1

The line number (193) if that's what it is seems to mean nothing - the
usual thing in /usr/bin/ that you would execute is cvs.  Check first
your $SYSLOCAL/UPDCONFIG file to see what it defines cvscmd to be.
Then check that there is such a file and that it is executable.
Note that your mnj will not have been prepared properly if there is
something wrong with cvscmd.