[daip] weights, dividing by models

Olaf Wucknitz wucknitz at astro.uni-bonn.de
Fri Feb 29 12:52:52 EST 2008

Hi Eric,

I made some tests with UVSUB (OPCODE=DIV) to see what happens to the
weights. When using the gridded-FFT method, I find that indeed the weights
are scaled with amplitude**2.
However, if I use SMODEL or DFT computation of a CC model, the weights are
instead scaled with the amplitude.

Do CALIB, FRING, BLCAL and others use the same routines to divide by a
model? I find it a bit difficult to follow these parts of the source code
with all the branches for different model types etc.

Cheers,
Olaf