[daip] gfortran and gcc-4.2 Leopard

Wes Young wyoung at nrao.edu
Thu Feb 21 00:52:35 EST 2008

Morning Hans,

OK, I did a source install on my machine at home using gcc-4.2 and
gfortran. I did adjust the compiler and compiler options in the
install screen that install.pl presents. My install chugged through
INSTEP2 without issue.  You will need to add the following lines to your

LDOPTS.SH right above or below the g77 option.
#                                       GNU gfortran
     *gfortran)
         LINK="-L/usr/lib -lSystemStubs"
         ;;

I am getting an "Unrecognized compiler" complaint but things are
building OK. Once Eric gets back we can make this complaint go away.

Please note that gcc-4.2 and gfortran were built from the gcc 4.2.1
source tree. You might want to consider getting a license for the
Intel compilers, they are faster than the gnu compilers.

I did run into the XAS issue, which required me to remove the -axP
option in the XAS Makefile.  After I did that XAS built just fine.

Hope this helps some.

wes
wyoung at aoc.nrao.edu