[daip] gfortran and gcc-4.2 Leopard

Hans-Rainer Kloeckner hrk at astro.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 19 12:52:44 EST 2008

Hi Eric,

	I have some trouble getting AIPS going on my new MACINT book.

After installing gfortran and gcc-4.2 I try run the installation
script and it stops compiling XAS with an error
cc1: error: unrecognized commend line option "-axP"

After editing FDDEFAULT.SH in 31DEC08/MACINT/SYSTEM/HRKMACINT/
                          and also editing CCOPTS.SH and LDOPTS.SH

I have managed to get the compilers recognized but it will always
compile with "-axP". So I get always get the same error!

Is there a another file which I need to edit ?

cheers and thank you in advance for any help

Hans

PS: Could you also let me know if anybody had compiled AIPS with
gfortran and gcc-4.2 on a Leopard system ?
Hans-Rainer Kloeckner

University of Oxford
Denys Wilkinson Building
Keble Road