[daip] CALIB

Crystal Brogan cbrogan at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 6 12:36:07 EST 2008

Hi,

When you observe the same source consecutively, but at slightly different
frequencies (within the same band), solint=0 in CALIB does not *appear* to
*always* recognize the true scan boundaries (i.e. despite change in
frequency it is considering it to be a single scan). Since small frequency
changes are sometimes causing large phase jumps these days, this can be
very detrimental - in fact the solution often "fails" completely. It
doesn't seem to happen in every case, possibily depending on whether two
or more integrations are flagged between the two scans.

I had hoped to document this better before reporting it but I haven't
found time (and won't for another week or two) and it is potentially a
fairly serious problem.

Best,
Crystal