[daip] Older AIPS Availability

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 4 11:34:57 EST 2008

Greg Tracy writes:
 > Dr. Greisen,
 >
 > I am wondering, oddly enough... if any of the fisrt versions of AIPS might
 > be hanging around somewhere and whether it might be possible to obtain
 > some of these older versions for programming changes in the code as
 > compared to the latest (21st century) versions. If the cookbooks would
 > still be available as well.
 >
 > Thanks for your attention to this odd request,
 >
 > Bananaly yours,

One can trace everything in painful detail starting in 1995 when we
went to an rcs system.  Before that, I am afraid that you are out of
luck.  We once had backup copies on 9-track tape, but it appears that
they have been discarded.  I have no idea why you might want this -
some libraries may have a full set of the AIPSLetters.  They used to
reproduce CHANGE.DOC in all its gorry detail.