[daip] INDXR Feature

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Dec 30 11:14:48 EST 2008

Rick Perley wrote:
>    Eric:
>
>    I run INDXR to calculate the atmospheric opacities (using Bryan's
> model), but not apply the VLA gain correction. So BPARM is set to 1,0.
> The program, however, still recovers the antenna gains file -- which of
> course it doesn't use.  No big deal, except it takes a bit of time to
> find and recover the antenna gain information.
>    Rick

I have checked the code and it reads the gain table only if it needs to.
  BPARM=1,0 says to set the zenith opacity to 1.0 and ignore the weather
and to use the gain tables.

  BPARM......Opacity and gain curve control.
              Opacity is controlled by BPARM(1) and BPARM(10):
                 BPARM(1) <  0  ->  no opacity correction.
                 BPARM(1) =  0  ->  set BPARM(1) = 20, BPARM(10)=0.5
                 0 < BPARM(1) <= 10  ->  opacity correction is done,
                     with zenith opacity given by BPARM(1).
                 BPARM(1) > 10  ->  opacity correction is done, with
                     zenith opacity taken as weighted average from
                     surface weather and seasonal model, with the weight
                     of the surface weather portion given in BPARM(10),
                     and the weight of the seasonal model portion given
                     by 1 - BPARM(10).
              Gain curve is controlled by BPARM(2):
                 BPARM(2) <  0     ->  no gain curve correction.
                 0 <= BPARM(2) < 2  ->  gain curve correction, with
                     coefficients which vary as a function of band and
                     antenna.  These coefficients are read from a file.
                 2 <= BPARM(2) < 3 ->  gain curve correction, with
                     coefficients which vary only as a function of band
                     only.  These coefficients are read from a file.
                 BPARM(2) >= 3     ->  gain curve correction, with
                     coefficients specified in BPARM(3), BPARM(4),
                     BPARM(5), and BPARM(6) for all bands and
                     antennas.