[daip] BL149BE: PCOR problems

Lorant Sjouwerman lsjouwer at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 24 13:44:17 EST 2008

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008, Yuri Y. Kovalev wrote:

#AIPS 1: TIMERANG      0          12        Time range of a calibrator
#AIPS 1:              55          43         1-4 = start day,hr,min,sec
#AIPS 1:               0          13         5-8 = end   day,hr,min,sec
#AIPS 1:               0          23        MUST BE SPECIFIED
#
#It does not work reporting:
#*****
#PCCOR1: All rows of the PC table are bad for the selected parameters
#PCCOR1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
#*****

Typically you get this message when the timerange specified does not contain
any PC calibration information - I haven't looked at your uvdata, only at the
calibration file from the auxiliary data (ie bl149becal.vlba.gz) and it
appears that the auxilliary data only contains info from UT timerange:
2006AUG12/224 at 03:20:00 to 2006AUG12/224 at 04:20:59. I'm not sure what
happened and what other problems this may cause for your data but it may
explain the error message you get in all versions when you use the auxiliary
data. Looking at the TSM plots I see that PC data should have been included
in the correlated data for the full 24 hours, but as typically PC data is
taken once a couple of minutes maybe you should check that all antennas have
PC data in the small timerange you specify, eg by plotting the PC table for
that range. Hope this helps

Regards,

Loránt Sjouwerman - Scientific Services - lsjouwerman at nrao.edu