[daip] VBGLU

Yuri Y. Kovalev ykovalev at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Fri Dec 12 09:53:52 EST 2008

Dear colleagues,

I had an issue with VBGLU and would like to present this case to you.
Experiment: BL149BE (15 GHz, dual-pol, 512 Mbps).
Two AIPS friendly files from two correlator passes were downloaded from
the NRAO archive and uploaded to AIPS (31DEC08 version from our MPIfR
server, date: 12/12/2008) using FITLD. Then they were merged together
using VBGLU.
Parameters used can be found below:
*****
task 'fitld'; default
INTAPE = -1; NCOUNT = 1; OUTNAME = 'BL149BE'
outdisk = 1 ; DOUVCOMP = FALSE ;CLINT = 0.5;
DIGICOR=1; WTTHRESH=0.7
outcl 'uvdp1';datain 'U:BL149BE.FITS1
runwait('fitld')
outcl 'uvdp2';datain 'U:BL149BE.FITS2
runwait('fitld')
task 'vbglu'; default
getn 1; get2n 2
outna=inna;outdi=indi;outclass='uvdata'
runwait('vbglu')
*****

It turned out that original uv data were affected by vbglu.
For the first about 12 hours of the experiment, amplitudes and
phases for RR & LL, baseline OV-FD, were artificially changed.
Only this baseline was affected.
For the second half, aplitudes and phases are OK.
Compare attached POSSM plots:
POSSM_NOGLU1.PS -- from correlator pass1 after FITLD,
POSSM_NOGLU2.PS -- from correlator pass2 after FITLD,
POSSM_VBGLU.PS  -- after VBGLU.

Would appreciate your comments.

Thanks,
Yuri.