[daip] small problem

Mark Reid reid at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 3 16:50:53 EST 2008

Dear Aipser's

     Here is a problem that I've encountered more than once (but far
enough apart in time to forget what happened).  It has cost me hours of
work each time.

When I run the following with default settings for VLBA data:

AVSPC: to make a 16 chan "continuum" UV file from a 256 chan line file,
        the new parameter DOACOR=-1 removes the AC data.  Since older
        versions of AIPS didn't have this parameter, my old scripts don't
        know about this.

ACCOR: runs "successfully" and creates an SN1 table.  But, the SN1
        table it creates is empty (as there is no AC data to work on).

CLCOR: with SNVER 1; INVER 1 gives the message that it can't find
        SN2.  This is very puzzling, since I told it only to look at SN1.

Anyway, this all could be fixed by changing the the following:

     AVSPC defaults so that DOACOR=+1.
     ACCOR should give a warning if it has no data to work on.
     CLCOR should not look for SN2 if told only to look at SN1

Sincerely,
Mark Reid