[daip] tiny bug in TACOP

Olaf Wucknitz wucknitz at astro.uni-bonn.de
Tue Aug 26 11:57:04 EDT 2008

Hello,

there may be a small bug in TACOP.FOR when it comes to printing error
messages for already existing output tables.

Here is the relevant code:

         IF (TABLE) THEN
            CALL TABCOP (TABTYP, IVER, OVER, LUN1, LUN2, DISKIN, DISKO,
     *         OLDCNO, NEWCNO, CATBLK, BUFF1, BUFF2, IRET)
         ELSE
            CALL FILCOP (TABTYP, IVER, OVER, LUN1, LUN2, DISKIN, DISKO,
     *         OLDCNO, NEWCNO, CATBLK, BUFF1, BUFF2, IRET)
            END IF
         IF (IRET.NE.0) THEN
            IF (IRET.EQ.1) THEN
               MSGTXT = 'INPUT AND OUTPUT EXTSION FILES ARE THE SAME.'
               GO TO 990
            ELSE IF (IRET.EQ.6) THEN
               WRITE (MSGTXT,1085) TABTYP, IVER
               GO TO 990
            ELSE
               WRITE (MSGTXT,1086) IRET, TABTYP, IVER
               GO TO 990
               END IF
            END IF

and further downwards:

1085 FORMAT ('OUTPUT EXTENSION FILE ALREADY EXISTS: ',A2,I5)

Now IVER obviously refers to the input table and not the output table.
Therefore the following line should be changed:

old:
               WRITE (MSGTXT,1085) TABTYP, IVER
new:
               WRITE (MSGTXT,1085) TABTYP, OVER

It is only a minor issue, but it confused me a bit when TACOP complained
about existing output table CL3 which was not really there and which I did
not want to create either.

Cheers,
Olaf