[daip] possible lpcal bug

Cormac Reynolds cormac.reynolds at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 02:47:34 EDT 2008

hi,

I think I've found a bug in LPCAL. I'm using it with a model of the
source so have set NMAPS=1 and NCOMP=200 to select just the first 200
clean components of that model. However, If you set 'NCOMP' to a value
greater than 10, it aborts with the message:

unctio> LPCAL1: TOO MANY MODELS ( >  10)
unctio> LPCAL1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes

Looking at the code, it looks like there is some confusion between the
number of models (i.e. fields) and the number of clean components per
model.

I can work round the problem by first running CCEDT to select the
clean components that I want, and then setting NCOMP=0 and the program
runs fine, but it seems like that extra step of running CCEDT should
not be necessary.

cheers,
Cormac.