[daip] problem with CALIB/GETJY?

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Apr 28 11:57:08 EDT 2008

Andy Biggs wrote:
> Hi there. If the SU table contains a flux density in IF2, but not IF1,
> CALIB gives the warning when using a model about 'no flux in SU table' and
> doesn't scale the model flux even for the IF where the flux is present. Is
> this the desired behaviour? This occured with data where IF1 was flagged
> due to very bad RFI.

CALIB should complain mightily about IF 1 but it should correctly scale
IF 2 if I read the code correctly.  It should tell you about the flux
found in the model for the second IF and tell you about any scaling (if
that scaling is not 1.0) as well.  The scale would be 1.0 if the SU
table has the same total flux as the CC table total.

Is it behaving differently?