[daip] EDITR

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Apr 21 15:11:12 EDT 2008

James Miller-Jones wrote:
> Dear AIPS,
>
> I have been using the task EDITR with the 31DEC08 version of AIPS (and a
> midnight job which I ran two days ago), and have been having some problems
> with source association.  I have an observation consisting of 5 sources,
> and have been sequentially editing the data from each of the sources in
> turn, using EDITR.  In order to prevent the flagging of a time range for
> one source from inadvertently flagging an intervening scan on a different
> source, I had been switching the "SWITCH ALL SOURCE" option to say "ONE
> SOURCE".  However, when I subsequently examined the FG table generated by
> EDITR, it seems that regardless of which source I am attempting to flag
> (1,2,3,4 or 5), column 1 of the flag table only ever reads 1 (the first
> source in the catalog).  When switching the SWITCH ALL SOURCE option to
> all sources, this reads 0.  Thus I can only ever flag all sources at once,
> or the first source in the list.  I have tried re-sorting and re-indexing
> the data using UVSRT and INDXR, but that did not help.  TVFLG does not
> give this sort of problem, and will place the correct source ID in the FG
> table.
>
> Am I missing something, or is there a bug in the software?  Please let me
> know what I should do.

I have added code to EDITR to trap the case of one source from a
multi-source file.  The low level data read routines return the data as
if there were only one source and the source name and number were lost.
The name that appeared on the editing displays was the name of source
one not the current one being edited.  The MNJ will fix things tomorrow.