[daip] EDITR

James Miller-Jones jmiller at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 16 12:43:17 EDT 2008

Dear AIPS,

I have been using the task EDITR with the 31DEC08 version of AIPS (and a
midnight job which I ran two days ago), and have been having some problems
with source association.  I have an observation consisting of 5 sources,
and have been sequentially editing the data from each of the sources in
turn, using EDITR.  In order to prevent the flagging of a time range for
one source from inadvertently flagging an intervening scan on a different
source, I had been switching the "SWITCH ALL SOURCE" option to say "ONE
SOURCE".  However, when I subsequently examined the FG table generated by
EDITR, it seems that regardless of which source I am attempting to flag
(1,2,3,4 or 5), column 1 of the flag table only ever reads 1 (the first
source in the catalog).  When switching the SWITCH ALL SOURCE option to
all sources, this reads 0.  Thus I can only ever flag all sources at once,
or the first source in the list.  I have tried re-sorting and re-indexing
the data using UVSRT and INDXR, but that did not help.  TVFLG does not
give this sort of problem, and will place the correct source ID in the FG
table.

Am I missing something, or is there a bug in the software?  Please let me
know what I should do.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

James Miller-Jones