[daip] TV issue

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 8 10:31:10 EDT 2008

Tracy Clarke (Foreign National) wrote:

> We are running 31DEC08 (last update April 4) and I am getting some odd
> behaviour with the TV. I am trying to load two images and then blink them
> but I keep getting the messages below and end up having to exit and
> re-start AIPS. I do not type TV2CHAN which it seems to complain about at
> the start of the problem. This consistently happens over multiple
> re-starts but is something that I normally do.

>> tvchan 2;tvlo;tvchan 12;tvbl
> AIPS 1: SYMBOL?       TV2CHAN
>> tvchan 2
>> tvlo
> AIPS 1: TV DEVICE 12 CURRENTLY BEING USED BY SOMEONE ELSE
> AIPS 1: TV OPEN ERROR      4

May I suggest the help files - things have changed.  There is a new
adverb TV2CHAN (and GR2CHAN) which can be added to your vocabulary with
COMPRESS.  The 2 channels of a blink are now set with TVCHAN and TV2CHAN
and there is actually a channel 12 (up to 16).

It appears that there is a bug in handling the adverbs which I should
fix.  Sigh....  I am buried in a very useful but mentally challenging
attempt to make aips run faster.