[daip] offset between HDF New VLA and old VLA data

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 3 10:30:29 EDT 2008

Glenn Morrison wrote:
> Well, the "offset" is back. UVFIX was run on all the data before it was
> DBCON.
>
> This offset was not seen after UVFIX for one day of the 2006 A-array
> data but I did not check all days.

Glenn - how did you run FILLM (or more importantly with what version)
and then how did you run UVFIX?

Note:

1. FILLM after July 5, 2007 (in version 31DEC07 updated after that date)
gives correct times, unlike versions from before that date that gave
      times at the ends of the on-line integrations.

2. UVFIX has a time correction parameter - that must be set to 1/2 the
on-line integration time for data FILLMed before the version change and
must be set to 0.0 for data FILLMed after that change.

In previous discussions on this issue, it seemed apparent to me that you
were confused on this point.  It is essential for this issue and must be
done correctly.  Data FILLMed with the latest FILLM but then UVFIXed
with a time offset will be rotated from correct.