[daip] run file line length question

Rachel Friesen Rachel.Friesen at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Sep 26 15:33:35 EDT 2007

Hi there,

I'm trying to write a RUN file to loop over a number of files in my
catalogue and write them to FITS. To do this I'm using a for loop
over the catalogue numbers, and within the loop set the outfile to be
the sourcename_sequence like so:

DEFAULT FITTP
DOWAIT 1
FOR I=20 TO 55; GETN I; OUTFIL 'PWD:'!!INNA!!'_'!!CHAR
(INSEQ)!!'.FITS'; GO; END

This works, but seems to be at the limit of a run file's line length.
If I want to do anything more complicated in a FOR loop, I'm not sure
how to structure it. When I write the commands on separate lines, the
file either doesn't work at all or simply writes the first file out
to FITS and then ends. What is the syntax for writing multi-line for
loops in run files?

thanks!
rachel

Rachel Friesen